Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Yet Another Goodbye. . .




We had another sad goodbye this weekend when we took Nana into Beijing to go to the airport to fly back to the US. I can't tell you how many times I've heard "I miss Nana!" spoken in our house over the last two days (and although Kevin misses her too, most of the comments have come from the three verbal kids in the house!). We finished up her time here with a bang, making the most of our time and a driver who took us the three-hours drive into Beijing. We went to the Temple of Heaven (tourist spot) then on to the Pearl Market, where you can buy everything "Chinese-ee" under the sun, and where I get to put my best-bargaining hat on. We got some more fun things for my mom to bring back home and had a great time seeing some of Beijing in the process. We spent the night in a hotel that has a swimming pool (which the kids LOVED!) and even serves a western breakfast. What a treat!

I don't have photos of our last weekend together because Kevin took the camera with him on his trip out west. He went to a far western city for the weekend with a friend to deliver some baseball equipment that was collected in the States and brought over by my mom. (Will dedicate the next blog entry to more details!) For now, the homework calls and dinner prep has yet to be done, so I'll sign off. The photos that I am including are of the kiddos with Nana in the apartment, and then one that Karis took of me with Nana.

Fun random note about Karis--Kevin let her sit with him at the computer and flip through some of the iTunes music selections to see some of the songs she liked. Her favorite, which she has been singing often ever since, was one by (I think?) Lindsey Lohan entitled "I'm Just a Little Bit Bossy"! Anyone who knows my daughter, who unfortunately takes after her mom in many ways (who incidentally scores high on the spiritual inventory test in the area of administration, which Kevin says is aka bossy-ness), will find the humor in this!!