Tuesday, March 30, 2010

For Nana!




I just got off the phone with my mom (known as Nana to the kids), and during our conversation Noah was in the process of kind of taking his first steps! Karis was helping him balance and then letting him go so he could stand on his own. He started doing this a lot more this past weekend, and today after he had his balance for 30 seconds or so, he took one step forward, regained his balance again, and then fell down after clapping to congratulate himself! I took the picture during the process! You can tell how pleased he is with himself by the grin going from ear to ear!

The other pics are from our "adventure" yesterday. After we finished our homeschool time, I took the crew outside to one of the neighboring apartment buildings in our community that the kids have officially termed our "Secret Hideout" (which I guess is not so much of a secret anymore!). They normally go there on special trips with Kevin (who discovered the location a little while back), but today they let me come along as Kevin was gone all day at class, a lunch meeting, and then the baseball field. We had a ton rummaging around the dirt heaps, looking for treasures (which they all got to put in their plastic bags that we brought along just for that reason) and avoiding the piles of poop! (There's not a lot of places of dogs to relieve themselves around here, unfortunately). We had fun playing, but I did make sure that they had a VERY thorough disinfecting at bath time!!

When Kevin came home in the late afternoon, he relieved me of kid duty so I could go and play! The international school is off this week for their spring break, so my teacher friend Holly and I have been planning on going to a foot massage place. It is the same location that houses the blind masseuses that Kevin goes to to have his back worked on. For the equivalent of $4.50 I was able to enjoy a full hour of my feet being massaged, having fun conversation with my sweet friend (in English) and getting some good language practice in at the same time (in Chinese)!